A downloadable game for Windows
Volcanic Caverns is a level I made with Unity as part of a course in level design. I used free assets from Unity's 3D Game Kit and focused on:
- Blockout of rooms with Probuilder, Unity's mesh/modeling tool
- Platform placement, motion, and timing
- Adapting the provided "acid" material & shader for lava
- Placing stonework models all over the blockout
- Writing a small amount of code for the last platform series
My goal was to make the platform jumps difficult, but not impossible. The level could take 5-20 minutes to complete depending on how many tries it takes.
Note: If the player jumps and lands on the ground while still pressing forward, they perform a roll, sometimes unintentionally off a ledge or platform. To avoid this, release the forward button before landing.
If you liked the level or have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.